Dienstag, 21. August 2007

Day 1 – Departure and Arrival

My day started quite early at 5.00 am. I left for Duesseldorf Airport at 6.00 am and finally got there at 7.15 am. I checked in and because I’ve been at the counter so early, I was able to get a seat in the emergency exit row, which means way more space for my feet. As expected I had to pay a fine, because my baggage was too heavy. A possible reason could be my firefighting equipment. ;-)










Saying good-bye to my sweetheart!




Funny enough: I’ve been on the plane to Atlanta with four fellow student of the University of Dortmund, two of them going to Atlanta, the other two travelling to New Orleans. The world is a village I guess.









Plane taking my to the USA



On the plane I had some real HOT Pasta and probably my last German beer for the next weeks. During the flight they’ve also served some tasty vanilla ice cream and at the end of the flight a slice of Four-Cheese-Pizza.
For entertainment they showed Shrek the third and Spiderman 3. They were so boring that I preferred to sleep.
I had my first stop at Atlanta after an approximately ten hour flight. From there I took the plane to Houston, which was another three hour flight.



At Houston Airport I’ve been picked up by Firefighter Thanh Nguen who first showed me around Downtown Houston and then took me to Fire Station 6 where I got to know the crew of the B-Shift and unpacked my baggage and put it into a locker. After a 30 hour day, I dropped dead into bed.

1 Kommentar:

JuB hat gesagt…

nice! wanna see girls and cars! send pictures!! :D