Mittwoch, 22. August 2007

Day 2 – Organizational Stuff & Fire Station 6

At 9.30 am Beda Kent picked me up to take me to the Houston Fire Department Administration Office to sign some forms and getting all the paperwork done, so that I can finally response to calls with the crew.












After we had finished she took me to a mobile phone dealer where I bought a prepaid card for my cellular. My German friends can call my though over the website http://www.peterzahlt.de/ for free. If anyone likes to call me, just drop me a line and I’ll give you my number.






After we had, finished Beda took me to a fire scene from last night’s 3rd alarm. A large apartment complex was on fire and destroyed about 35 units of that apartment complex. The arson department was on scene to investigate, because the circumstances of the fire are unclear.









Station 6 - Rough & Ready


After I had returned to the station, I’ve been assigned to Engine 9 and shortly after I had my first call. It was an automatic alarm at a hotel due to a loss of pressure in the sprinkler system, but it was just a malfunction.







At night we had to respond to a call for a high rise on fire in Downtown Houston. Engine 6 checked the 42nd floor and there was a overheated generator which caught fire. Just took us 30minutes to get the situation under control.

Keine Kommentare: