Mittwoch, 29. August 2007

Day 9 – Baptism by Fire


The day started really quite. I had time to trade some of my patches and they had been pinned on the station board. The order of patches is completely arbitrary and has nothing to do with the quality of the Fire Department. But actually someone at the station put Recklinghausen on top and this is where it belongs. Sorry, Berlin! ;-)








Afterwards I went to the HFD Logistics Department with the Pumper and finally Capt Tolliver organized a HFD Helmet for me! Thank you so much! Of course I gave him one of my helmets in exchange.


When we went out with the Tower to buy some pie, we were dispatched to a house fire. A lightning hit the AC on top of a house and it caught fire. Tower 6 checked the bathroom right under the AC and made sure that everything was safe inside the house. This was the first time I was able to wear my new helmet.









After that we took the pie to the station and had some tasty chocolate and lemon pie. Shortly after we responded to a call for a kitchen fire in one of the most expensive neighborhoods in Houston. The fire went from the kitchen through the ceiling, up to the attic. The Engineer of Tower 6 and I took care of the ventilation while the guys pulled a line to the attic to knock the fire down. We put up a ladder and smashed the windows at the gable and at the roof. The fire in the kitchen was knocked down by a crew of a different pumper.

Please guys, do not forget that there is a guestbook! You're welcome to drop me a line there!!!!

http://www.gaestebuch.com/gb-extern/zusammen.asp?GUID=99D0A984-E012-4C93-9D77-3ECD5112A8D1

Keine Kommentare: