Sonntag, 2. September 2007

Day 14 - "Hey Houston, we've had a problem here!"

Today I've spent a fantastic day at NASA and at the Old Sixth Ward.

Jane took me to this trip with some guest she has from Israel. I got into contact with Jane through Larissa. Larissa is the head of the Old Sixth Ward Neighborhood Association (a non-profit, organization with the mission of preserving the Old Sixth Ward) and she has a Google Alert on everything that concerns the Sixth Ward in Houston that notifies her about any appearance of the "Sixth Ward" on the internet. As the alert reader of my blog might have noticed, I've already mentioned the Sixth Ward a few times, because it is the nickname of Station 6. So Larissa got this Google Alert and made contact with Jane who wanted to go Nasa with her guests from Isreal anyway. Thanks for establishing this contact.












We had a very nice day at the Space Center and we've seen all the things one does only know from TV or movies. I was very impressed by the old Saturn V rocket they used for the Apollo Missions, the training facilities and of course the Mission Control for all the Shuttle Flights of NASA.








Afterwards Jane invited me to her house for an original Texas BBQ, her fiance Mike had prepared for us and the Old Sixth Ward Neighborhood. The BBQ was fantastic and really delicious and we had a great time. At the BBQ I finally met Larissa and some nice folks from the Neighborhood who all were very nice and friendly. I really enjoyed that day and the evening. Thanks guys!
If you would like to know more about the Sixth Ward, check out their homepage: http://www.old6ward.org/

Keine Kommentare: