Mittwoch, 26. September 2007

Day 37 – A Last Tour through the City and goodbye D-Shift

Today Captain Ponce picked me up for a last tour round the city of Houston. First he took me to the Val Jahnke Training Facility which is the Fire Academy of the City of Houston. He showed me the ventilation building where the cadets can practice cutting holes into roof and watch their affects. In this building they don’t use real fire, but fake smoke. Then he showed me the burn building where a class was introduced into the first steps of interior fire fighting. The burn building is operated with burning pallets, so it gets really hot and it produces a lot of smoke.



Afterwards Captain Ponce took me to his old fire station which is located at the Houston Hobby Airport. The guys showed me their station and apparatus and took me for a ride on the airfield to show me the airport which is a bit smaller than Houston International Airport where I’ll be leaving in two days from now.









When I was back at the Station Fire Chief Phil Boriskie came by to say goodbye (nah, just kiddin’ but he came to talk to the District Chief and he took the chance to say goodbye). I also took a picture with me and the complete D-Shift.

Keine Kommentare: